The Co-operative Christmas 6 deep filled mince pies
These were the first pies I tried this year (other than a free one I got in John Lewis which was unbranded but very good!!)
The box was promising - purply pink and very Christmassy ... the mince pies themselves look good too. Each has a cute little pastry star on top but sadly these will not be the stars of this years mince pie taste test.
Don't get me wrong .. they are not bad ... in fact if you like really buttery pastry then you might quite enjoy these little numbers - just a bit too buttery for me. They are quite well filled and actually the mince was nice but surprisingly smooth ... not much solid fruit ... if any at all.
I am going to award these little numbers 6 Christmas Crackers out of a possible 10!
Try them and let me know what you think........
No comments:
Post a Comment